An introductory course that answers the most commonly asked questions about Alabama residential landlord/tenant law. Earns 3 hours of real estate CE, but also open to public. Topics include
- What are the rules regarding security deposits?
- How much can I charge for late fees?
- What access rights do I have after the lease is signed?
- What should I do if someone wants an emotional support animal?
- How do I handle mold/bedbug/creepy neighbor complaints?
- Can I make tenant responsible for all repairs and maintenance?
- What is the best way to handle a default?
- What special clauses need to be in a contract to buy/sell rental properties?
- Do I need a real estate license to manage property for other people?
Class includes time for answers to YOUR own questions.