- Contract law in general (overlap of various laws, leases signed by minors, electronic signatures and accidental leases)
- People Issues (landlord, tenant, roommates, occupants, illegal aliens, children, seniors, property manager, guarantor, death, missing people, divorce, marriage after lease signed, battered partners, abused children, subtenants, ownership changes)
- Animal issues (pets, disability animals, dangerous animals, vermin)
- Premises issues (excluded areas, delayed possession, holding over, habitability, duty to repair, mold, bedbugs, municipal inspections, access rights, attractive nuisances)
- Money issues (rent, discounts, partial payments, paid-in-full checks, security deposits, prepaid rent, late charges, fee schedules, charges for early lease termination)
- Term issues (month-to-month notices, holding over, automatic renewals, handling sublease requests)
- Default issues (when exactly is default, notices, incurable defaults, multiple defaults, forbearance agreement, termination of lease, suing for money damages, duty to mitigate, allegations of landlord default)
- Q&A: Open mike for ANYTHING you want to ask about.
- All class slides
- Lease form
- Animal Addendum (for pets and disability animals)
- Rules, Regulations & Fee Schedules for Tenants
- Notice of Default and Opportunity to Cure
- Notice of Non-Curable Default
- Notice of Termination
Open to public, but also earns 6 hours of real estate CE and eligible for 6 hours of MCLE for attorneys.